Internet is the place, where one can find anything. But anyone thinks that how they can get everything on the internet. One can be shopping on the internet, sell their products on the internet, read books listen to songs, overall they can do whatever they want, just on the internet. It is all done by the people who have a business of something. In the old days, people use different ways to connect with people and advertise their work. But now, no one needs to go where. They just need to use the internet and advertise their product, work, and business on the internet. And people will connect with them automatically.
Because people are now using the internet all the time, everyone has their reasons to use the internet. But you can do advertise your business on other web-pages or websites, so people will reach you. For this, one needs to use the service of the website and a domain. Even if you are a beginner then it will be costly for you. But if you search about the service providers then you can get the HostGator best service provider. Hostgator provides the website and domain both the services, that’s why it is very famous. They provide the service that you can use website with the help of them and gives your business a new direction.
Even you don’t have to take worry about money-related issues. Because they have different offers and packages from a little blogger to a high company. They provide their services to everyone, so they can reach new people and make their place in this internet world. When you deal with HostGator and choose their plan for your work, you can use the HostGator one-cent hosting offer, while making payment. It will reduce the cost too much and you can easily use their services.
How to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to HostGator?
Many people who are using other sites or domain they ask questions about how to use the HostGator as it provides the best services. Some of the people have a question that “How to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to HostGator?”. If you are also using the Hostgator domain and want to shift it with the Hostgator domain then you will get the information below. Let us see how one can do this with some of the easy steps. These steps are:
Step 1: For domain, update the contact information
- Firstly, log in with your GoDaddy account.
- Under domains, now click on Manage of the domain name, to which you transfer the domain.
- Navigate to contact information and then click on the Edit button.
- For accuracy, you can review and update the contact information.
- When your changes are complete, then click on the Save button.
Step 2: Remove the privacy protection from the domain
You can remove the privacy protection by clicking on the Remove privacy protection option, which is available in the contact information. And after that, confirm that the privacy protection is removed from the domain.
This is important because if the privacy protection is enabled at the time of the request for the transfer of domain name, then the request will automatically be canceled and failed.
Step 3: Unlock the domain
If you want to transfer the domain name but it is locked in your account then the request will by default failed. That’s why first unlock the domain name with the steps:
- Log in with your GoDaddy account.
- Under Domain, click on the manage option of the domain name that you want to transfer.
- Now scroll down to the additional settings, and click on the Edit which is next to the Domain lock.
- After that set the toggle to off and it will take some moments to show the updates, so wait for some moments.
Step 4: Request EPP/ Authorization code
Most of the domains need the EPP or the authorization code to transfer the domain name to other. It will be done because of the extra layer of security and protection against the unauthorized domain. For the EPP/ Authorization code follow the steps:
- First, log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Now click on the manage option under the domain, and chose the domain name which you want to transfer.
- Now, click on the Additional settings options and click on the edit button which is next to domain lock.
- After this navigate to the bottom, and click on the Get Authorization Code.
- And the authorization code will send to the registered email id with the account.
Step 5: Submit domain name transfer request to HostGator
Once, one completes all the above-mentioned steps then one can easily transfer their domain name to GoDaddy to HostGator.
- First, go to the HostGator domain transfer form.
- Enter the domain name in the Find a domain name section and then click on search.
- Now review the steps on the page the domain name is unlocked and the privacy protection is disabled.
- Click continue to check out.
- Here you can create a new account or you can also log in with your existing HostGator account if you have.
- Fill in or verify the Payment options and then click on the continue to checkout.
- You can review the order summary.
- Select how many years you want to renew the domain and if you want to like any privacy protection as well.
- Check the box if you agree with the terms of the registration.
- Click on the place your order.
- Contact HostGator to provide the EPP or authorization code for transferring the domain name.
Step 6: Approve the transfer of the domain name to HostGator
After few hours you will get an email from GoDaddy, that confirms that your domain transfer request is received. For this you have to approve from the GoDaddy cPanel, otherwise, this transfer will take up to 7 days. Here are steps to follow:
- Again login to your go daddy account.
- At the top of the page click on the Hi, Customer drop-down menu and click on visit my account.
- Next to the domain and click launch.
- From the green menu bar click domains> transfer.
- Select the checkbox button and click the accept/decline button.
- Now final step chooses to accept and click on OK.
You will receive a mail from the HostGator when this transfer process is complete.